1. Only abstracts written in English will be accepted.
2. The abstract should contain no more than 300 words.
3. CAPITALIZE the entire title and UNDERLINE the name of author who will present the paper. Abbreviations must not be used in the title. After the title, list the author’s names and institutional affiliations; please OMIT degrees, titles, institutional appointments, address and zip code. The text should be typed using single spacing. Do not indent the title and each paragraph.
4. Abbreviations must be defined by placing them in parentheses after the full word the first time they appear. Use numerals to indicate numbers except when beginning sentences.
5. Nonproprietary (generic) names, written in lower-case letters, are required the first time a drug is mentioned. Proprietary names are always capitalized.
6. Abstract will appear exactly as submitted. Abstract with smudges, errors, misspellings, incorrect hyphenations, faint typing, etc. (or not conforming to the prescribed rules) will require retyping at the author’s expense.
7. PLEASE CHECK ONE KEY WORD in the abstract submission form, which best categorizes the subject of the abstract.
8. The only abstract accompanied with registration will be accepted for presentation. The Deadline for presenter registration is October 31, 2019 .
9. Deadline for submission is October 31, 2019 .
10. Please submit your abstract via the system and specify the type of abstract (oral/poster or VDO presentation) desired.
• An abstract must be submitted along with each surgical video submission.
• Information for all authors involved in the submission must be entered via the online submission process. The identity of the authors, institutions and/or names of hospitals should be excluded from the surgical video submission.
• The surgical video may not exceed 6 minutes in length or 300 MB. (6 min. for presentation with another 2 min for Q&A).
• All surgical videos must be submitted in .mp4, .mov, .avi, or .wmv format. If you do not submit your video in one of these formats, it will not be forwarded for review.
• For purposes of review, sound should be included.
• If the surgical video is selected, live narration by the presenting author is required for participation in the movie program.
• The scientific committee must also receive a CD/DVD of the surgical video being submitted no later than the abstract submission deadline of October 31, 2019. Please include the presenting author's name and the abstract number of the submission for reference.
The Furuse Award is a prize for the best paper submitted to the Annual Meeting, regardless of the author's age. The presenter must be an active member of ASCVTS, and the full paper should be come only from institutes or facilities inside of Asian region. Please be noted that the only paper with completed registration will be processed to the award consideration.
In2016, the American Society for Thoracic Surgery (AATS) started the AATS Foundation Award at the 24h annual meeting of the ASCVTS held in Taipei. The AATS Foundation Award was delivered to the best presentation for general thoracic domain and the Furuse Award was delivered the best one for Cardiac domain. The presenter must be an active member of ASCVTS, and the paper should be come only from institutes or facilities inside of Asian region. The full paper is required. Please be noted that the only paper with completed registration will be processed to the award consideration.
The Organizing Committee ASCVTS 2019 encourages participation from Asian countries. Applicants whose abstracts are outstanding quality will receive Travel Grant. The grant is open to doctors in Asia below 35 years old. The full paper is required.
• Be the first author of the abstract and the presenter of either an oral or poster presentation.
• Pre-register for the Congress and complete the payment of registration fee by November 30, 2019.